How Do I Load Books Onto My eReader Device?
Buying directly from Wanted Hero provides advantages to fans, both in value and in exclusive content, but if you’re wondering how to load books onto your electronic device, don’t panic.
We have you covered!
Download Your Books
Books purchased from this website come in .zip file packages. All newer computers have the ability to unzip such packages, so just double click on the .zip file to extract the folder inside. You will find copies of .mobi, .epub and .pdf files within that unzipped folder. Kindle (Amazon) uses .mobi files and most other readers use .epub (Nooks, Sony Readers, iPads, etc.). For those who want to read from their pad or laptop…or even print out a copy, the .pdf is perfect.
TIP: Choose the file your device will use and be a kind friend by sharing the other copy with someone else you know who could use a good adventurous read! (Yes, I’m actually giving you permission to give away ONE copy to a friend if your purchase it from me on this site.)
How do I get my new .ePub book onto my Nook?
Nooks are one of the most simple devices to navigate, so there’s no worry about purchasing from a source other than Barnes & Noble. Ready for the technical term? You’re gonna “sideload” the file onto your Nook eReader. Confused? Don’t be–it just means you’re copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto your Nook. Here how to put an .ePub file from a Window OR Mac computer onto your Nook:
- Connect the Nook to your computer with the included USB cable.
- For Windows, open “My Computer”, and for Mac, just look at the desktop. Your Nook will show up as a drive where the hard drive and other USB drives are shown. Double-click on the Nook drive to open it.
- In another window, open the folder where you saved the Wanted Hero ePub file you want to load onto your Nook.
- Now drag & drop the .ePub eBook file(s) from your computer to the root of the Nook, or to the “My Documents” folder.
- WARNING: after the files are finished transferring to your Nook, you must eject the device from the computer BEFORE you unplug the USB cable. Removing the USB cable before doing this can potentially damage your eBooks and/or the Nook. Simply right-click on the Nook drive and select the undock, eject, or unmount option.
- Ta-DAAA! You’re all set to go!